Monday, January 16, 2012

How we came to be

Our story begins with a completely random act that proved to change the course of my life. Chris and I like to tell people that we met through mutual friends because it is easier than telling the full story. In essense this is true however it is a stretch. The truth is we met online while using AOL instant messenger. And as I said in the beginning it was random and not how everyone would assume you meet someone online. To make a long story short, I was turning off my friends computer for her when he wanted to chat. Instead of ignoring it and just turning the computer off I politely told him I was not her and before we knew it we came to find out that we grew up with the same friends and had lived near eachother all of our lives. We planned a blind date (the only one I have ever been on), and the rest is history. Now who can tell you a weird story like that on how they met their spouse? After being together for 2 1/2 years we got married and it was not long before we were starting a family. And this is where the best parts of the story begin.

 I welcome you to my world with Gracie Lynn and Will (aka Buddy). My children are the light of my life and I would not have it any other way.We decided to have children fairly young, and that has come with its own challenges. I believe parenting at any age is work and I apparently decided to start early. When Grace entered this world she was a ray of sunlight that we welcomed with open arms. Her bright blue eyes should have immediately warned us that she was going to stand out among the crowd. From the beginning she has known the individual she is and not been shy to share it with the world. Watching Grace grown has taught Chris and I so much about ourselves and the way we want to share the world with our loved ones. Of course with all the love in the air we could not help but decide we wanted to expand our family and have another bundle of joy. Grace was only fifteen or sixteen months old when we found out she was going to have a little brother or sister. Even though the process was starting over faster than we had anticipated we were up for the challenge. Our hope of having one girl and one boy came true when William was born. We were very proud of the big sister Grace became overnight. William added the last piece to the puzzle that we knew we were missing. Grace with her exuberant personality and William with his sweet and innocent yet mischievious self make our life a story that can not go untold.

With this blog I am going to share with you all of the happiness and love these children bring to my life. Along with that will come the "accidents", unbelievable incidents, and never ending chaos they also bring to my life. Sit back and enjoy the smiles, laughs, tears, and life altering love they have in store for you and I. I suggest sitting down when you read our blog, you never know what they are going to entail. Thank you for letting us share our crazy life with you! And please bear with me as I fumble my way through the world of blogging!

~ Em

4 comments:

  1. Really Nicole? Thanks! I wonder how much of this people already knew? I am curious if someone were to write my "story" for me what their version would read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog Em! And don't feel random that you two met online. Alex and I met on a dating website which I will share that story soon as I want to make my own blog as well. Sounds like something fun and relaxing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I love this! Your story is sweet and your love for your family shines through your words! I love your blog and can't wait to read more! Thanks for sharing!

    mylifewithlemons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete