Join Will and Grace as we chronicle their childhood adventures and see where life takes our family.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Will's Ways...
This child of mine may appear to be sweet and innocent but let me share a few of his recent actions that may help you see right through his sweet little self. And let me also tell you that I love my little mister man more than you would believe. He keeps me on my toes, and even when I can feel the smoke coming out of my ears like on a cartoon, he makes me smile. There is no staying mad at him.
I will start this story with our most recent occurance with Will. I received a telephone call this morning from the car dealership. I took my car in because the stereo was crackling and making some very not normal sounds. They checked it out and said my stereo was shorting out and would need to be replaced. Since the car is less than one year old and still under warranty they ordered a new stereo to be installed and that is why the car was at the dealership. Once they removed my stereo they noticed something that did not seem quite right. They shook the stereo system and something was floating around in there. Turns out it a shiny penny! Yes that is right a penny. How could a penny possibly get into my stereo? Well the answer came to me quite quickly. I know my son and I know how much he likes to pick up change and do very random things with it. Luckily, once they removed the penny my stereo seemed to be working just fine and not shorting out. They reinstalled my stereo and did not charge me for the labor. They said they got a good laugh out of it and it was an easy fix. I thanked them for their efforts and told them how much I appreciated their time. It is times like this when Will does what he does that I know I am interacting with other parents. My child can't be the only one to do these things can he?
If you thought the story was over there I am sorry to inform you that is only the incident from today. Let me share a few more of the mischievious things my son does to test my love. Which by the way is still going strong. The second the dealership told me there was a penny in my stereo two things popped into my head. First was, Will! Second was, what is with that kid and pennies. Just a few months ago Will started to get very interested in money. Dollar bills and change but mostly change. He figured out that his pockets have a purpose and that purpose is to keep other people's change in. Whenever we saw him with change we took it away from him and put it up high in our change jar. Somehow he always managed to find at least one penny. One night after struggling with keeping him in his room for bedtime he came into my room for the millionth time it seemed like. Before I would even let me talk I told him to get back in his room and go to sleep. He just looked at me and said "Mom, I eat penny." I scrunched up my face and said "What?" He repeated himself. I just sat there for a second and then logically had to ask, "Why?" He without hesitation stated "Because I wanted to." This is as he shrugged his shoulders. I shook my head in disbelief for a moment and then decided I needed to google it. To my relief the search for child ate penny came back with results. I could breathe a little easier. We also called the doctor and they assured us he would pass it in a few days and to just monitor him to make sure he is not complaining of stomach pain or not going potty. Three days later we were routinely changing his pants when a small shiny object caught our eye. Of course at this point it was pretty humorous. We had confirmation that Will had in fact tattle tailed on himself and not made up a bogus story so he didn't have to go to bed. After this I thought he would move on from pennies and there would be no way we would have another comical story to record in his baby book. Once again Will has proven me wrong.
Will does not limit his mischieve with shiny objects. In the almost three years William has been alive he has done countless things to make me question my sanity. For quite a while there when he was still in the stages of crawling he liked to life the heater vents up and put whatever he was holding at the time down into them. When we starting missing things we came to find out this was where he was hiding them. He put crayons, crackers, toys, pom poms, (and my favorite) my Ipod down there. For safe keeping I am sure. He has broken two of our toilets by flushing a lotion bottle and an Avon kids body wash bottle down them. We have Will to thank for Chris' new plumbing skills I guess. And he threw my Iphone in the toilet. $70 dollars later my phone was brought back to life. He has scribbled permanent marker on Chris' brand new laptop, and broken two tv's by pushing them off of their stand and face first on the floor. Along with that he, for curiousity reasons I am sure, put dominoe's in the VHS player, as well as DVD's. And the list goes on.
After all of this I am always left thinking that whatever happens next or when we are faced with another situation I will not be surprised. But every time it sneaks up on me and I am shocked at what he can come up with. What am I going to do with this boy of mine?
~ Em
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment